Categories

Saturday 2 January 2016

"Papa" Agabi Resigns!

In what may be seen as an unwanted New Year gift to many, coach of the 400 level (Bench of Jurists) constituency football team, Emmanuel Agabi has announced his resignation as manager of Bench of Jurists Football Team (BOJ FT) in order to fully concentrate on his duties as President of the Christian Law Students Fellowship Organization of Nigeria (CLASFON) UNIBEN.


In an official statement made available to ULP,  Mr Agabi  stated:


"I was once approached a couple of years ago to take on the job of tinkering the BOJ FT. A job I had never done but accepted same with enthusiasm and a heart full of expectation for good things. I inherited a team robust in talent and skill but low somewhat in motivation and discipline albeit stamina. I therefore tried in my little way to steer the team from those vices and despite the little pockets of skirmishes and stubborn resolve against order and authority as portrayed by an infinitesimal collection of that group, we roared to many successes, displacing the 'unbeatens' and taking their place.
This team has continued in that guise, to haul in the trophies and to chisel its name into the rock which is the history of sports in the Faculty of Law. This great team provided the Backbone of the team which played in what will be (if I am correct) Law's first VC's cup final. I salute your enterprise Team BOJ.
But like all things save God which have a beginning, an end is inevitable. I therefore have decided to step aside from this very fun post in the light of my present duties in service to God and you as members of the Faculty of Law. This is so because the spontaneity with which I would have loved us to meet and trained, coupled with the exigency of my service to CLASFON, will impede my academic pursuit which forms the base for why I am amongst you.
In the light of this, I tender my resignation here. This will be an opportunity for another to forge his leadership skills. I will advice the next man to uphold trainings that engender physical strength and stamina. This team is running low on it. I will also admonish the team mates to work with a sense of purpose and with love for one another.
I thank you for the opportunity you afforded me to serve.
I thank you for the many victories and trophy haul.
I thank you for your support and dedication through it all.                  
God bless BOJ. May this team graduate with success on the pitch and on the result board.

With a sense of pride and love,
AGABI, Emmanuel."


Emmanuel Agabi 





The two time CLASFON President, popularly known as "Papa" by clasfonite's was elected coach of BOJ FT  after the team's shoddy and clumsy termination of former coach, Alfred Momodu.
Alfred Momodu



Confirming the resignation, BOJ FT Captain, Precious 'Gafar' Enoma stated,

"It's sad but true! Agabi has resigned! It's really a painful loss for us, considering the fact that he was a coach that was loved very much, and had earned the respect of all the players and fans too. Believe me, with a team like this that's not an easy feat to accomplish!
He was very passionate and committed, he understood the mechanics of the team itself very well, he understood the players individually and knew how to psych them into putting in their best and more.        
He was a stickler for discipline and physical fitness and these qualities helped in building the team into what it is today. It is sad he is leaving us and at a time like this too, with the Dean's cup just a few weeks away, but in the end, his reasons are very cogent and understandable. Therefore we are sad that he is leaving but happy that a bigger door of service and leadership [CLASFON Presidency] has opened for him, we just pray we find someone like him, who can continue the legacy he has left behind."


During his stint as coach, Emmanuel Agabi oversaw an overall dominance of the Faculty of Law by BOJ FT, including an unbeaten run which has stretched over two sessions and over twenty matches, lifting the Dean's cup trophy two times consecutively, Ceaser's cup two times consecutively also, amongst many other accomplishments.

By default, the assistant coach of the team, Mafidon Okupa becomes the Acting head coach until further notice.


Mafidon Okupa 


No comments:

Post a Comment