Categories

Sunday 1 May 2016

President Replies Alleged Comments!

Only last week, Faculty of Law, University of Benin was agog with news of an alleged statement credited to his person were he "allegedly" called the 400level constituency "useless" for supposedly failing to turn out en masse to vote for Law aspirants at the just concluded Students Union Government elections, thereby facilitating the inability of the faculty to secure any position at the apex student government this year, all the more so, considering the close margin in which the aspirant for Director Of Finance, Isreal Olumese, from the 300level constituency lost.

The President has replied these allegations via a press release made available to ULP.






PRESS RELEASE BY THE LAWSA PRESIDENT -Garrick Nosa John


" I needed the faculty to be at some level of decorum before I responded to whatever existing allegation there is or address whatever situation our lovely faculty is in.

It's no news that the SUG election Saga brought about a level of pandemonium in our faculty and created strife there in.

Also this election led to the furtherance of what i call " an unnecessary quest for attention and relevance" by some individuals who are hell bent on soiling  my name, the integrity of the Lawsa excos and also the good name of the faculty.


Let's start with me. 




It was alleged that i called the extant 400level class "useless" due to their alleged low turnout in this elections. Well I debunk that.

This statement is UNTRUE.

I never made such statement and I have no reason to make such.
Facing the fact, an initial  claim was that this allegation  was made by Ronny Igho (a 400level student)  and that he said Daniel Eiwanlan (another 400level student) was there to corroborate it. However this Daniel was subsequently asked and he openly denied saying such stating -
"me I nor hear u talk am o, na only say, u say our class nor come out vote I hear".

As if this does not discredit the evidence of the 400level class, another claim is that - it is not Ronny Igho that said it but instead Joshua Ajogu Okeme and that he heard me say it.
This can only show that the allegation is not only questionable but evidence tendered to find for it is faulty.

I mean there is no reasonable reason for me to make such statement considering the fact that I have a lot of friends and close associates entrenched in that class. This is the class who went out to campaign and vote for me also this class has elders there in.

Let's get this straight I am not angry with anyone neither would I hate anyone for this. I am only disappointed in a selected few. Who I believe are close to me and my heart but neglected this and proceeded in error.  They castigated me without consulting me to find out whether there is truth in the allegation or not.

OLAWALE BUSARI  who was and is still close to my heart. Who is a leader, openly spoke about me and by extension created an uproar against me in his constituency.
What hurts is not the action what really hurts is his INACTION.
He did this on the basis of an allegation which can be equated to a speculation. He did not call, text or even flash me to find out anything or discuss before he went all out to make his publication.
Truthfully speaking he does not owe me that legally but to criticize constructively one must KNOW and to know one must ASK.
This is where he erred.
I know Wale is smart and would disagree but that would mean nothing at this point the deed has been done.

Having made this clear I wish to say to Lawsans that " We did not fail in this elections, we just didn't win, however if we let this affect our relationship with each other, if we turn enemies because of an election then we indeed would FAIL.

"Let there be no strife amongst us, let there by no hatred. 

For the 300 level students I beg you do not create a division in your class. That is not the true way to be a leader. You all are leaders and I trust you'll make the right decision.

In summary, i know some set of people would not care about what has been said so far and would still demand an apology.
Well sometimes as a leader you apologize even when there is nothing to apologize for, for it is written a "soft reply turns away or reduces  wrath"

To whom is may concern. I apologize if this allegation has made you lose confidence in me, I apologize if it makes you despise me, I am sorry. Let us be at peace.  I cannot afford to lose your trust because of an allegation.
You are worth more to me.
Thanks for understanding.

Thank you lawsans
I will continue to LISTEN, LEARN AND LEAD so long as you allow me.

Signed
Garrick Nosa John
President, Law students Association university of Benin.

2 comments:

  1. Garrick has always been good when it comes to giving speeches sha... I admire Mr President for tendering an apology but I don't think Ronny Igo or Joshua Okeme would have fabricated such a story two people cannot lie against you na what do they stand to gain? I am not calling Mr President a liar am only saying I do not believe that he did not make the statement. Well since he has tendered an "apology" let's allow the matter die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the way Mr president commands words. He explained himself beautifully. I hate it when people will say soemthing and when push comes to shove, deny their statements. *sips tea*

    ReplyDelete